Course language: English
The aim of this course is to provide general dentists and specialists with an evidence based concept on the treatment of periodontally compromised patient. Starting with an overview on the anatomy, microbiology, etiology and pathogenesis, the course encompasses the most important aspects in diagnosis, treatment planning, nonsurgical and surgical therapy, use of systemic and local antibiotics, lasers and photodynamic therapy in the overall frame of a comprehenisve treatment concept. The various phases of periodontal therapy (i.e. systemic, hygienic, corrective and maintenance) including implant therapy in periodontallly compromised dentition and their long-term maintenance will be demonstrated on complex clinical cases. Hands-on workshops and live surgeries will help to acquire in-depth knowledge about the novel methods in nonsurgical and surgical periodontal therapy including the use of various types of ultrasonics, air-flow, perio-flow, lasers, photodynamic therapy, incision techniques, flap designs and suturing techniques aiming to treat the defects caused by periodontal and peri-implant infections.
• Anatomy of periodontal and peri-implant tissues
• Biology of periodontal and peri-implant wound healing
• Etiology, prevalence, microbiology and pathogenesis of periodontal
and peri-implant diseases
• Periodontitis and systemic diseases
• Treatment planning / Case presentations
• Nonsurgical periodontal therapy / old and new concepts
• Use of systemic and local antibiotics in the treament of periodontal
and peri-implant infections
• Lasers and photodynamic therapy in the treatment of periodontal
and peri-implant infections
• Diagnosis and treatment of endo-perio lesions
• Chemical plaque control /novel strategies for biofilm management
• Flap designs and suturing techniques for resective or
reconstructive periodontal surgery
• Crown lengthening in anterior and posterior areas
• Management of furcations
• Implants in periodontally compromised patient
• Diagnosis and treatment of peri-implant diseases
• Risk assessment and maintenance
Live surgeries demonstrating various surgical techniques for anterior and posterior
areas including treatment of peri-implantitis will illustrate the techniques presented
in the theoretical part and in hands-on workshops.
Theoretical and practical course with live surgeries (total of 25 credit hours)
To take pictures and videos is strictly prohibited.
January 24–26, 2018, 8.30–17.30 h
André Schroeder Auditorium
Department of Periodontology, zmk bern, University of Bern
Prof. Dr. Anton Sculean (course director)
Prof. Dr. Sofia Aroca
Prof. Dr. Dieter D. Bosshardt
Prof. Dr. Sigrun Eick
Prof. Dr. Giovanni E. Salvi
PD Dr. Christoph A. Ramseier
Dr. Gérald Mettraux
Dr. Beatrice Siegrist
Bernita Bush, Dental Hygienist (RDH BS)
including course materials, PDF handouts of all presentations, coffee breaks, lunches, a dinner
CHF 2900.– for dentists
CHF 1650.– for post-doc students (only with confirmation of the University)
ACHTUNG: wenn Sie einen Sonderpreis (als Postdoc mit Bestätigung der Universität) beanspruchen möchten, kontaktieren Sie uns bitte über firstname.lastname@example.org, damit wir die korrekte Anzahl SmartPoints verbuchen können.
Every registration we receive is binding. Your place will be firm after a payment of CHF 500.– within 7 days after registration. The rest of the amount has to be payed 3 months before the course will start. For each cancellation we will charge an administrative fee of CHF 300.–.
Each participant will receive a certificate with 25 hours of CE credit.
Please be informed that it is strictly forbidden to take pictures and videos during all sessions